Classical India with Nepal (Summer 2020)
Classical India – With Nepal, Summer 2020
Colourful cultures, remarkable temples and mystery await you in India and Nepal. Delve into this magical journey with your fellow travellers and discover these countries in all their glory. From meeting women who have summited Everest in Kathmandu, to a rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, you’ll travel in style with your expertly trained Travel Director.
- Kathmandu: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Jaipur: Indulge on a delicious local dinner outside at Dera Amer.
- Agra. Dine for lunch at the beautiful Laxmi Niwas Palace in Bharatpur.
- Varanasi: Toast to your travels over a Celebration Dinner at your Hotel.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L), 3 Dinners (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Kathmandu: Visit a pottery workshop, where a local craftsman will provide you with a demonstration on this age-old craft.
- Kathmandu: Head to an inspirational talk by women who summited the Earth’s highest mountain above sea level, Mount Everest.
- Varanasi: Join an expert in India’s religious rituals to learn more about the colourful candlelit tradition of Aarti as you participate in the sunset ceremony in the Ganges, against a backdrop of ringing bells and chanting music.
Top Rated Highlights
- Indian Festivals: Truly experience India by travelling during one of its famed festivals. Holi is the festival of colour, symbolising the end of winter and encourages the people to play, laugh, forgive and forget. Diwali is the festival of light celebrated by lighting oil lamps and fireworks to welcome in the Hindu new year. Refer to dates and date chart notes to find out which departures travel during these wonderful, cultural experiences.
- Kathmandu: Visit sacred Swayambhunath, known as the Monkey Temple for its mischievous inhabitants.
- Kathmandu: With your Local Expert, take an intimate look at the Narayanhiti Royal Palace and the rooms where the royal family ate, slept, worked, held ceremonies, and entertained guests, along with the wonderfully eclectic decor.
- Kathmandu: Visit Patan’s temple of Teleju and the Statue of Yogendra Malla.
- Kathmandu: Tour Durbar Square and Royal Palace.
- Kathmandu: See the holiest of Hindu shrines, Pashupatinath Temple.
- Kathmandu: Visit the colossal stupa, Bodhnath.
- Kathmandu: Enjoy an excursion to the ancient capital Bhadgaon.
- Fly to Delhi: Take a scenic flight from Kathmandu to Delhi.
- Delhi: Ride by rickshaw through the lanes of Chandni Chowk bazaar in Old Delhi.
- Delhi: See the Red Fort and Qutub Minar. Drive along the Rajpath to view the India Gate and Parliament House.
- Delhi: Visit Raj Ghat and the Tomb of the Emperor Humayun.
- Jaipur: Visit the flower market and spice market and take in the sights and sounds.
- Jaipur: Ascend by jeep to the Amber Fort and stroll through the sprawling complex of courtyards and halls.
- Jaipur: Your Travelling Concierge will show you the Palace of Winds. You then visit the City Palace Museum.
- Agra: Visit the Taj Mahal, a monument of love, built by a king in everlasting memory of his beloved queen.
- Agra: Visit inside the red sandstone fortress to witness the fairytale palaces, audience halls and mosques of the Mughal rulers.
- Fly to Varanasi: Enjoy the scenery as your flight emerges from the Himalayas to reach Varanasi.
- Varanasi: Take a dawn cruise past the Ghats on the Ganges River – an experience never to be forgotten.
- Varanasi: During your brief orientation of the city, visit some of the famous temples. You’ll also visit Sarnath, where Buddha first taught the Dharma.
- Varanasi: Enjoy an early morning yoga session at your hotel – your Travelling Concierge will confirm if this experience is possible on your departure.
- Fly to Delhi: Board your short flight to Delhi.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
Welcome to Kathmandu
Kathmandu the City of Beauty.
Kathmandu's Spiritual History
On to Vibrant Delhi.
Exploring New and Old Delhi.
The Pink City.
Delve into Jaipur.
Jaipur to Agra.
The Taj Mahal.
On to Varanasi.
The Holy City of Varanasi.
Leave Varanasi for Delhi.